Venture Crew 7
1. Learn to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling the values in the Venturing Oath and Code
2. Experience a program that is fun and full of challenge and adventure
3. Become a skilled training and program resource for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts and other groups
4. Acquire skills in the areas of high adventure, sports, arts and hobbies, religious life, or Sea Scouting
5. Experience positive leadership from adult and youth leaders and be given opportunities to take on leadership roles
6. Have a chance to learn and grow in a supportive, caring, and fun environment
The Venturing Oath
Each Venturer is reuired to regularly recite the Oath which is:
"As a Venturer, I promise to do my duty to God and help strengthen America, to help others, and to seek truth, fairness,
and adventure in our world.."
Each Venturer is also expected to live their life according to the Venturing Code which states:
"As a Venturer, I believe that America 's strength lies in our trust in God and in the courage, strength, and traditions of
our people. I will, therefore, be faithful in my religious duties and will maintain a personal sense of honor in my own life.
I will treasure my American heritage and will do all I can to preserve and enrich it. I will recognize the dignity and
worth of all humanity and will use fair play and goodwill in my daily life. I will acuire the Venturing attitude that seeks
the truth in all things and adventure on the frontiers of our changing world."
This is an organization that provides
positive experiences for young adults,
14 to 20 years of age. Our goal is to
help them mature into responsible
and caring adults.
The Venturing program is designed to teach
the skills needed for young people to make
ethical choices in their lives. It enables them to
experience a program that is filled with exciting
adventures and challenges. We also help them
acquire leadership skills that they will use for
the rest of their lives. We take advantage of all
opportunities to enhance their capabilities and
(This video is used with permission of the producers)
Come venture with us!
Why choose Venturing over
traditional Boy Scouts? Click here to
Copyright 2014 -- Venture Crew 7, Henrietta, New York